Sometimes the biggest obstacle in healing is being able to understand the concept that things do not happen TO us. Everything happens FOR us.
This can be challenging for most people because the story we embrace as who we are – as victim – began in our formative years, before we had the ability to sift through what was happening in our lives and make the choices ourselves. We may have been neglected or abused in many ways. This led to us living our lives not feeling worthy, lovable or confident. This directed us to become a victim and live our lives in direct correlation to what we perceive as “being done to us”.
The single most important thing we can do to heal our lives, whether it be physical, emotional or spiritual is to learn the gift of forgiveness. Until we are able to forgive the people in our lives that we believe damaged us, or caused things to happen to us, we cannot be a healthy whole being. Sometimes the person we most need to forgive is ourselves. In most cases, it is a combination of both.
When you forgive someone you are not condoning their behavior.
That is not what true forgiveness is. It is releasing the pain, stress, anger and hurt you feel from your own body. If you are hanging on to what someone else did TO you, it will manifest itself in your body in the form of disease. GUARANTEED! You are still giving that person that wronged you the power in your life.
It can be as simple as saying “I forgive you” out loud, but if you are experiencing chronic health issues this will not be enough. In my coaching, I can take you to those exact moments in your life where you were “wronged” and we can reprogram the cells that have been damaged by those events so from that point forward your cells can change the memories held there and become healthy for your present and future.
In energy medicine, where I use Reiki and Intuitive guidance, I can actually see your chakras and balance them. The chakras are the main energy centers in the body that determine the health of your physical body. You hold various mental and emotional issues in your chakras and more specifically in organs that can cause different ailments and diseases.
Forgiveness can alleviate shame, guilt, anger, fear and grief that you hold in your body.
The following is a brief list of where some of these emotions are held:
- Shame – shame is most commonly seen in the kidneys and can also be combined there with the guilt you hold of your own shame
- Guilt – guilt is frequently seen in the sex organs and urinary tract. It can also affect the lower back
- Anger – anger is seen throughout the body, and will usually make its way into the heart, while rage usually presents itself in the gall bladder
- Fear – fear is also experienced throughout the body depending on the type of fear. Fear of safety and security is most often seen in the skeletal and muscular systems while a fear of life itself is intensified in the appendix. It is also experienced in the bladder, genitals and colon
- Grief – grief is commonly held in the heart. Unresolved grief can cause a myriad of heart, lung and breast problems
As you can see, it is imperative to release these emotions as best we can before they manifest themselves into disease. Sure, covering the emotions up and saying power mantras to ourselves can help temporarily. But to completely eliminate them from the areas where they are causing problems requires forgiveness. It requires letting go of the blame we put elsewhere for where we are in our lives right now.
Remember, you aren’t necessarily forgiving anyone in the sense that you are letting them off the hook for what they may have done, you are merely releasing the energy that YOU have been holding onto that has caused your body, mind and/or soul damage in some form. You don’t have to do it in person which is helpful because some of these people may already have passed. And sometimes if illness is manifesting in our body from some forms of shame or guilt we may need to be the person asking for forgiveness as well.
If you can’t think of anyone in particular that you may need to forgive, here are some examples:
- A relative or friend that died
- A boss that fired you or made your life a living hell while working for him/her
- Someone that stole something from you
- A parent, that even though they did they best they could, made some poor choices in raising you
- A teacher that humiliated you in front of the class
- Someone that may have bullied you in one form or another either growing up or recently
- A spouse that cheated on you or left you
- Anyone that ever took your power away
- Someone that abused their power over you
I can assure you that once you start doing the processes required for true forgiveness that there will be many people you will need to forgive that you haven’t even thought of for years. Perhaps you never even realized that these people helped to form beliefs in you that you use as your operating system in daily life; beliefs that also attributed to your current health.
There are multiple steps I take you through in my S.N.A.P. Change! Coaching Program to assist you in reclaiming your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health, and the forgiveness process is done a minimum of 2 different ways throughout the 10 week program – more if necessary as the coaching program is tailored around your own individual and unique needs. If you aren’t coaching with me and if you were going to do only one thing to reclaim your health this is the one most important step I would suggest you do for sure. Forgiveness is as much a detox and a cleanse to the system as is a fast or juicing cleanse. It clears out all the gunk that has built up on top of itself for years.
Step closer to realizing your perfect and Divine health, the health you deserve.
Begin by incorporating forgiveness into all areas of your life!
You can start the process by posting who would be the hardest person for you to forgive right now in the comments section below.
If you want to share the reason that would be beneficial as well, this is step one in the clearing and healing!
I’d love to hear from you!